Student Registration Information

Welcome to the Jim Thorpe Area School District. Please read this page in its entirety as it will provide you with the information you need to register your child in our district. The following list of documents is required for student registration, and no appointment for registration will be made unless these documents are submitted with the application. Once all documentation is ready for submission, please call for an appointment at 570- 325-3691 extension 3908.

Download Registration Packet 

Registration packets are available for download.  Adobe Reader is necessary to view and print the information and can be downloaded here.

  •  New Student Registration Packet K-12 (pdf)   (Updated 1/18/12)
  •  Required Immunizations (2011) (pdf)
  •  Required Immunizations & Physical/Dental Forms (pdf) 
  • 1302 Entrance Certificate - Non-resident student living with a District Resident (pdf)
  • 1305 Entrance Certificate - Non-resident student placed with a District Resident (pdf)
  • 1306 Entrance Certificate - Non-resident Institutionalized Student (pdf)

Pre-K Counts Registration Information
*Updated 5/19/11

  • Pre-K Counts Information 2011-12(pdf)
  • Pre-K Counts Registration Application 2011-12 (pdf)

Please note that starting in the 2010-11 school year, there will be a new dress code policy in effect.  It is recommended that you review this policy.  You can find information on the policy here:

Age requirements

  • Kindergarten - The Student must be five (5) years old by September 1.
  • First Grade - The Student must be six (6) years old by September 1.

Required Documentation

1. A completed Student Registration Form (in registration packet)
2. Birth Certificate w/official raised seal, or Baptismal Certificate:
a. An original or certified copy of the Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, Adoption Decree, Passport, Certificate of Birth Abroad, Court Order or similar legal instrumentspecifying student's name, sex, date of birth, and parents name.
3. Immunization Records:
a. Official immunization records from a doctor for the previous school. In accordance with state law, without these records, your child will NOT be allowed to attend school.
4. Proof of Residency
a. You must show two (2) with current physical address, NOT PO Box, within the School District Limits. Please note you need two (2) of the following acceptable proofs of residency:
  • PA Driver's License with current address
  • Tax Bill (if homeowner) must show physical address not PO Box
  • Utility Bill (Electrical, oil, cable bills ONLy)
  • If living with a district resident, a notarized statement of residency from yourself and the district resident. In addition, the person you are living with needs to show two (2) proofs of residency.
5. Act 26 (1995) Affidavit with Current address within district limits.
a. A sworn statement to affirm or deny that a student has been Suspended or Expelled for violent behavior or a drug policy violation. Please see that this form is NOTARIZED when you return it.
6. Records of grades from previous school(s).
a. Copies of most recent report card, progress report and/or schedule.
b. Records must have name, address and phone number of the school.
c. For secondary students, information is needed on all previous grades 9-12 for proper transfer of credit and gracfe placement.
7. Proof of Custody/Child Support (if applicable)
a. Divorced or separated parents must provide official court order which names the custodial parent.
8. 1302 Guardianship Form (if applicable)
a. Notarized guardianship papers by the parent and guardian completed prior to registration. This form is subject to approval by the Superintendent.

9. Special Education Records (if applicable)
a. This includes current copies of IEP, ER, 504 plan and any testing reports. This paperwork is crucial for ensuring proper placement of your child.

District Documentation (forms are in registration packet)



1. Emergency Contact & Medical Information Forms.

2. Alert Now Call System Form:Contact information for the district's automated emergency call system.

3. Free and Reduced Lunch NLSP application:

a. Completed form will be evaluated for qualification for Free and reduced lunches.

4. Home Language Survey
5. Field Trip Permission Form



Should you require assistance in filling out these forms, please contact the District Administration Office at 570-325-3691, and arrangements will be made. Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to educating your child.