Welcome to the Transportation Department
Jim Thorpe Area School District provides transportation for all of its
students who require it. If you have any questions or changes to your
child's transportation, please contact us.
Jim Thorpe Area School District takes seriously its responsibility to
provide safe transportation for students. Parents must reinforce with
their children the need to obey the rules. In view of the fact that the
school bus is an extension of the classroom, the JTASD School Board of
Directors shall require children to conduct themselves on the bus in a
manner consistent with the established standards for classroom
behavior. Failure to comply with any of the rules may result in the
student being suspended from the bus for a period of time, depending on
the seriousness of the problem. Continued refusal to comply may result
in permanent loss of privileges. Riding the school bus is a privilege
and not a right.
- Have your child ready to board the bus or van when it arrives.
- Students should be ready and waiting for the bus.
- Have student at the bus stop 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Respect the rights of property owners. Do not block driveways, traffic, or entrances to developments.
are responsible for their child's behavior and for any school bus or
property damage at the bus stop caused by their child.
will not be tolerated on any school bus or vehicle. Parents are asked
to review the transportation guidelines listed here and in the student
- All students will be assigned seats by the driver and/or monitor and will obey the seating instructions.
shall remain seated until the bus come sto a complete stop and the
driver gives the signal for a safe crossing, at least 10 feet in front
of the bus.
- Students are not allowed to change buses or bus
stops unless authorized by school personnel. Bus drivers are not
authorized to make this decision.
- Bus transfers are issued only
in the event of an emergency. We can not accommodate changing work
schedules, afterschool activities, parties or sleepovers.
must arrange to be at the bus stop for all kindergarten and first grade
students. In the event that no adult is at the stop to meet the child,
the driver has been instructed to bring the child back to school. The
parent will be responsible for transporting the child. Kindergarten and
first grade students may be accompanied by an older sibling, provided
there is written permission on file in our office.
- All buses are equipped with cellular phones so that drivers and school officials can be in contact in case of an emergency.
- Students utilizing JTASD transportation and attending non-public schools are subject to the transportation guidelines.